High-production Throughput for Tube, Rod, or Bar Stock (Grinding Centerless)
Acme Centerless Belt Grinding Systems provide continuous high-production throughput at minimized operating costs. The systems use improved abrasive belt technology combined with either single or multiple head sequential belt grinding, integrated with proven part handling automation. Numerous Acme systems are in operation processing:
- Tubing up to 12 in. OD (300mm)
- Bar stock up to 6 in. OD (150mm)
- Rod and tube as small as .060 in. OD (1.5mm)
- Lengths as short as 2 in. (50mm) and as long as 60 feet (18m)
|Acme 1210/6 Centerless Grinding System with Material Handling Automation||Typical Enclosed Machine System for Centerless Grinding|
Unlike bonded grinding wheels, abrasive belts require no dressing, eliminating time and cost. Belt changeover typically takes less than one minute.
Machine setup and changeover to a different diameter tube or bar via CNC / servo-motor control permits rapid setups within two to five minutes for multiple belt head operations.
Products processed include hydraulic cylinder rods and tubes (telescopic); motor rotors, stators and other cylindrical components; nuclear fuel rods and tubes (titanium and zirconium); pipes, chrome shafts and cold-drawn bars; glass or composite rods and tubes.
- Heavy Stock Removal for rough belt grinding with stock removal of .030 in. to .060 in. (0.75mm – 1.50mm) on outer diameter of tubes and bars
- Tolerance Grinding / Sizing from 3 to 100 feet per minute (FPM) (1.0 – 30.0 meters per minute)
- Fine Polishing and Final Finishing with surface finishes from 2 to 20 micro-inches (50 – 100 microns) Ra. Surface finishes below 1.0 μin. (25 μm) are achievable.
- Deburring with abrasive belts, wheels, brushes, and nylon abrasive products at 5 to 30 feet per minute (1.6 – 10 meters per minute)
- Decorative Finishing (buffing, polishing, and satin finishing) from 10 to 80 feet per minute (3 – 26 meters per minutes)
|Typical Stainless Steel Tube Polishing Process||Typical Hydraulic Cylinder Grinding Process||Motor Rotor OD Grinding Operation|
Acme Centerless Belt Grinding Systems can be equipped with one to eight belt heads, for wet or dry operation. Standard abrasive belt sizes range from 4 in. wide (100mm) X 84 in. long (2100mm), up to 12 in. wide (300m) X 120 in. long (3000mm).
|Manual, semi-automatic, or fully automatic controls offered||Specifications|
|Model 611 HD with Material Handling Tables||Model C-2 Centerless Brush Deburring System|
|Model #47 Centerless Grinding Machine||Model #67/4 Centerless Grinding System with Machine|