Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical Device, Aerospace, Firearms industries, and many others, seeks a motivated Robotic Automation Engineer who enjoys learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further. The successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and get the opportunity to work globally.
What You’ll Be Able to Do
As a Robotic Automation Engineer, you will be responsible to set-up, program and validate various robotic finishing solutions. You will be working with all levels within our organization, as well as working closely with our customers and vendors. This involves being able to successfully develop productive relationships with customers, set and maintain aggressive schedules, and represent the company favorably. This position offers high levels of independence to the right candidate who demonstrates the desire and ability to self-manage.
- Evaluate customer specifications and write efficient and logical programs for a variety of metal finishing applications using primarily FAUNC and ABB robots.
- An ability and a willingness to travel approximately 25-50% of the time to domestic and international customer locations on machine installation and service assignments.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis, involving extra hours during the week, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Assisting with customer machine acceptance testing, robot back up, cycle time optimization, documentation of robot status and communication of issues that may hold up work completion or buy off.
- Provide installation and commissioning support in customer facilities for start-up, debug, training, and final machine acceptance.
- Conduct thorough testing of machine functionality to verify that robot programs are complete and robust.
- Represent Acme at customer locations domestically and internationally, utilizing critical thinking, problem-solving skills and techniques to support customers facing machine and/or application complications.
- Provide customers after sales support to understand their needs and aid in providing the best possible outcome. This support is done both remotely and onsite.
Technical & Robotic Experience
- Ability to properly master all Acme robots and systems, teach correct tool center point (TCP), user frames, set-up load values, and ensure all this information is properly recorded and documented.
- Ability to add proper signals and logic between robot and all peripheral equipment.
- Experience with adjusting robot dress packages.
- Competent in point teaching, troubleshooting, debugging, program path and cycle time optimization of robotic work cells.
- Familiarity with metal finishing applications, such as deburring, belt grinding/ sanding and buffing/ polishing is a plus.
- Ability to set-up, modify and validate FAUNC DCS and/or ABB SafeMove.
- Ability to integrate, setup, and configure vision systems to perform part recognition, part position and robot guidance. Experience with FAUNC 2D/3D iRVision, Keyence, and Cognex vision systems.
Experience / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a technical field from an accredited four-year college or university.
- A minimum of four (4) years practical experience setting-up, programming, commissioning, servicing, and troubleshooting equipment in industrial or manufacturing environments.
- A proven ability to prioritize plans of action to accomplish objectives.
- Must be a critical thinker, have initiative, be able to work with minimal supervision and begin projects independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Acme Manufacturing is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
The physical demands listed below are indicative of those that must be met by the
employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to communicate with others by talking and hearing.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach
- with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
- perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are indicative of what the
employee will encounter while performing required duties.
- Employee will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Work may be required in hot conditions during spells of seasonal heat.
- Noise level in the work environment is described as industrial.
At this time, we require completed vaccination records or masking.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.