Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical, Aerospace, Firearms industries and many others, seeks a motivated Advanced Technology Simulation Operations Engineer who enjoys learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further. The successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and get the opportunity to work globally.
What You’ll Be Able to Do
As an Advanced Technology Simulations Operations Engineer, you will be responsible for simulations & solution support to set-up, program and validate various robotic finishing solutions. You will be working with all levels within our organization, as well as working closely with our customers and vendors. This involves being able to successfully develop productive relationships with customers, set and maintain aggressive schedules, and represent the company favorably. This position offers high levels of independence to the right candidate who demonstrates the desire and ability to self-manage.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Integral member of the simulation support team.
- Assist in the development of ACME solution for our internal and external customers.
- Utilize simulation software such as RoboGuide (Fanuc), RobotStudio (ABB), Octopuz, visual components, process simulate or equivalent software to simulate robotic process of the ACME solution.
- Assist mechanical engineering team in creating robust mechanical design through simulation support.
- Serve as technical sales support for customer interface.
- Utilize simulation support tools to validate robot selection, tooling selection, reach, and layout validation.
- Stay up to date and implement Robotic Industries Association (RIA) best practices guidelines to ensure the integrity of our machine safety.
- Work closely with engineering, sales/proposals, manufacturing, and controls personnel to create simulation process control validation of customer specification.
- Convert mechanical engineering design and control standards into digital twin to assist product support.
- Participate in project kick-offs, design reviews, and run-offs. Be an active participant and provide technical and experience feedback to improve projects in these different stages of the project life cycle.
- Make recommendations to other functional areas to achieve quality improvement or lowering of design and manufacturing cost.
Experience / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- A bachelor’s degreein a related field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experience as a simulation engineer in the machine tool industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, prints, diagrams, technical reports, and related memoranda.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups of assembly workers, managers, peers, customers, and vendors.
- Autodesk inventor/ vault knowledge is a plus.
- Robotic programming experience with Fanuc or ABB systems.
- Demonstrated verbal and written skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Acme Manufacturing Company is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the robotic surface finishing space.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the leadership group.
If you are qualified and interested in this position, please forward your resume to : email@example.com