Centerless Grinding Technicians at Acme are expected to set up, commission, and when necessary, service Acme centerless grinding machines. During machine acceptance testing, installation, and production startup, the technician will be expected to work directly with the customer both machine acceptance and training. Prior metal finishing experience is beneficial but not mandatory.
- Setup centerless machines at Acme
- Adjust key machine components to achieve desired results.
- Develop, specify, and set up abrasive belt media to achieve desired material removal and surface finish.
- Create new part programs.
- Adjust process to meet customer specifications.
- Help train and develop operators and other Machine Technicians at the end user’s facility.
- Create job related documentation for set-up and quality purposes.
- Install machines at customer facilities & participate in production start-up.
- Participate in machine acceptance testing both internally and externally.
- Troubleshoot and repair existing machines.
Experience / Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required
- Graduate of a vocational school in machining or equivalent preferred.
- Manual or CNC machining experience preferred.
- Familiar with blueprints, measuring instruments and have a working knowledge of decimals preferred
- Ability to work with both powered and non-powered tools
- Manual machining and fixture / tool building experience a must.
- Other equipment knowledge and understanding such as CNC machining preferred.
- Prior metal finishing experience preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for customer support up to 50%.
- Ability to interface with customers and vendors while representing the best interests of Acme.
- High mechanical aptitude.
- Self-motivation and ability to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Capable of working on multiple jobs at once and utilizing time accordingly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Must provide their own basic tools as required by job.
Acme Manufacturing is one of the earliest pioneers in material removal and surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.
Acme is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.