Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical Device, Aerospace, Firearms industries, and many others, seeks a motivated CNC Machinist who enjoys learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further. The successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and get the opportunity to work globally.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, have good organizational skills and attention to detail, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to follow work instructions, cooperative with co-workers; demonstrates attitude of helpfulness, and possesses CNC machining aptitude along with time management skills to get the jobs completed.
- Machine details by the supplied CAD drawing(s).
- Program CNC’s using the CAD drawings and GibbsCAM.
- Confers with engineers to resolve details or rejections.
- Does not require direct supervision.
- Make recommendations to other functional areas to achieve quality improvement or lowering of design and manufacturing cost.
- Update the Operations Manager on the activities of your assignment.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by supervisor(s).
- Be willing to work over-time and possible weekends.
- Inspect and Maintain CNC’s, including preventative maintenance.
- Handle materials into and out of the machine by use of overhead crane.
- Keep the work environment safe.
Experience / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Basic computer skills.
- 1-2 years of inspection of details using measuring equipment required.
- 1-2 years of mechanical assembly (preferred).
- 1-2 years of AutoCAD 2D (preferred).
- 5-10 years of CNC machining required, including proper tooling and feed rates.
- 3-5 years of GibbsCAM preferred.
The physical demands listed below are indicative of those that must be met by the
employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to communicate with others by talking and hearing.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
- perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described below are indicative of what the
employee will encounter while performing required duties.
- Employee will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Work may be required in hot conditions during spells of seasonal heat.
- Noise level in the work environment is described as industrial.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted and modified at any time by the manager involved.
Acme Manufacturing is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.