Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical Device, Aerospace, Firearms industries, and many others, seeks a motivated Manufacturing Technician who enjoys learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further. The successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and get the opportunity to work globally.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, be willing to travel, have good organizational skills and attention to detail, strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to follow work instructions, cooperative with co-workers; demonstrates attitude of helpfulness, and possesses mechanical aptitude along with time management skills.
- Build equipment to the supplied CAD drawing(s).
- Run pneumatics/compound to the supplied CAD drawing(s).
- Be willing to wire machines to the supplied CAD drawing(s).
- Eager to learn new technology and skills to further their mechanical skills.
- Confers with engineers to resolve wiring or assembly problems.
- Travel for service and/or machine installs.
- Self-motivated to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Make recommendations to other functional areas to achieve quality improvement or lowering of design and manufacturing cost.
- Update the Operations Manager on the activities of your assignment.
- Perform other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by lead(s).
Experience / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 3-5 years of mechanical assembly.
- 3-5 years of pneumatics.
- Willing to work over-time and possible weekends.
The physical demands listed below are indicative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to communicate with others by talking and hearing.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- A work physical and drug screening will be required prior to start date.
The work environment characteristics described below are indicative of what the employee will encounter while performing required duties.
- Employee will occasionally work near moving mechanical parts.
- Work may be required in hot conditions during spells of seasonal heat.
- Noise level in the work environment is described as industrial.
This is an outline of the primary responsibilities of this position. As with everything in life, things change. The tasks and responsibilities can be changed, added to, removed, amended, deleted, and modified at any time by the manager involved.
Acme Manufacturing is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.