Responsible for mechanical, electro-mechanical, and pneumatic designs, primarily for robotic metal finishing applications, by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to project budget and schedule.
- Executes and documents mechanical engineering designs to project specifications.
- Develops specifications for mechanical, pneumatic, and some controls components.
- Executes and documents design revisions and drawing releases.
- Interfaces with Mechanical and Controls Engineers on all assigned projects.
- Investigates and resolves any historical issues and problems with support from Sales, Manufacturing, Purchasing and Service Department personnel.
- Provides equipment mechanical design support as needed.
- Provides technical input in the development of machine manuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience as an Engineer in the machine tool industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, prints, diagrams, technical reports, and related memoranda.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups of assembly workers, managers, peers, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, addition, subtraction, multiplication, fractions, percentages, ratios, and trigonometry.
- Ability to reason and apply common sense to carry out instructions given verbally or written.
- Ability to proficiently utilize a personal computer and apply Autodesk Inventor and AutoCad software as well as Microsoft Word and Excel.