Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical, Aerospace, Firearms industries, and many others, needs a motivated Mechatronics Engineer who thrives on continued learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, consider us as your next employment adventure! Our successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and will have the opportunity to work globally.
What You’ll Be Able to Do
An integral part of our R&D Engineering team, our Mechatronics Engineer, will be responsible for developing complex robotic material removal processes, simulations and validate various robotic finishing solutions. You will be working with all levels of our organization, as well as working closely with our customers and vendors. You will be able to successfully develop metal finishing processes for customers, set and maintain aggressive schedules, and represent the company favorably. This position offers high levels of independence to the right candidate who demonstrates the desire, creativity, and ability to self-manage.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Invent and or create unique ACME metal finishing solutions for our internal and external customers.
- Utilize simulation software such as RoboGuide (Fanuc), RobotStudio (ABB), or 3D CAD equivalent software to simulate robotic processes for an ACME solution.
- Assist mechanical engineering team in creating robust mechanical designs, fixtures and tooling support.
- Design and specify mechanical components that will aid in metal finishing.
- Utilize simulation support tools to validate robot selection, tooling selection, reach, and layout validation.
- Develop application metal finishing processes in a lab environment
- Work closely with engineering, sales/proposals, manufacturing to create metal finishing processes and validation of customer specification.
- Research and implement new metal finishing products and technologies, e.g. (Force control, vision, surface detection sensors)
- Develop software/robot programs to aid in the metal finishing process.
- Participate in project kick-offs, design reviews, and run-offs. Be an active participant and provide technical and experience feedback to improve projects in these different stages of the project life cycle.
- Make recommendations to other functional areas to achieve quality improvement or lowering of design and manufacturing cost.
Other responsibilities as may from time to time be assigned.
Experience / Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field from an accredited four-year college or university or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of three years’ experienceas an Engineer in the automation industry.
- Hands on experience with electrical panel layout, assembly and or debug.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret schematics, prints, diagrams, technical reports, and related memoranda.
- Ability to write python, C++/C#, JAVA, or Microsoft .Net application development and or equivalent applications.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from individuals or groups of assembly workers, managers, peers, customers, and vendors.
- Autodesk inventor/ vault knowledge is a plus or 3D CAD equivalent.
- Robotic programming experience with Fanuc or ABB systems.
- Demonstrated verbal and written skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Acme Manufacturing Company is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the robotic surface finishing space.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.
The physical demands listed below are indicative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to communicate with others by talking and hearing.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are indicative of what the employee will encounter while performing required duties. Occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. Work may be required in hot conditions during spells of seasonal heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
As always, Acme Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, we require completed vaccination records or masking.