Acme Manufacturing, the leading global machine tool builder for the Medical, Aerospace, Firearms industries and many others, is looking for a customer focused
to join us. We work in a learning oriented, fast paced, internal and external customer focused environment to create success for our team and customers. Looking for the opportunity to experience challenge and growth? Our candidate of choice will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and get the opportunity to work globally.
are responsible for delivering our projects on-time, on-budget, meeting or exceeding performance and technology levels, while utilizing resources effectively and efficiently. Moreover, our PM’s spearhead our customer relationship efforts – both internal and external. Additionally, our Project Managers maintain strong awareness of status, progress, and challenges-faced in all of our functional areas for all assigned projects.
We’ll count on you to:
- Be an advocate for anticipating, escalating and problem solving for our team.
- Own scheduling, facilitating and documenting key phase-gate meetings.
- Create and update master schedules, in both Excel and Gantt formats. Track open issues, goals, plans and deliverables.
- Champion deliverables and meetings for and with our customers.
- Manage customer sample delivery.
- Facilitate customer knowledge base where actual machine performance exceeds contractual obligations.
- Own facilitation of customer review and acceptance for assigned projects, as well as machine shipments domestically and internationally for all assigned projects.
- And then – capture, facilitate and communicate practical lessons learned for inclusion in future processes.
Here are our desired qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a technical field from an accredited four-year college or university. We will consider a combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five successful years of experience as a Project Manager in the Machine Tool Industry.
- PMP certification is highly desirable.
- Deep experience with Microsoft: Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Consistent demonstration of the ability to carry out instructions and exceed goals.
The physical demands listed below are indicative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to communicate with others by talking and hearing.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are indicative of what the employee will encounter while performing required duties.
- We occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. Work may be required in hot conditions during spells of seasonal heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Acme Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
At this time, we require completed vaccination records or masking.