Acme Manufacturing, one of the leading Machine Tool Builder for the Medical, Aerospace, Firearms and other industries, seeks a motivated Robotic Programmer & Product Support Technician who enjoys learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. The successful candidate has experience in set-up, programing and validating various robotic finishing cells and thrives when working with all levels within our organization, as well as working closely with our customers and vendors.
The successful applicant must be able to successfully develop productive relationships with customers, set and maintain aggressive schedules, and represent the company favorably. This position offers high levels of independence to a candidate who demonstrates the desire and ability to self-manage.
Core Responsibilities Include
- Evaluate customer specifications and write efficient and logical programs for a variety of metal finishing applications using primarily Fanuc and ABB robots.
- An ability and a willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time to domestic and international customer locations on machine installation and service assignments.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours and overtime on an as-needed basis, involving extra hours during the week, Saturdays and occasionally Sundays.
- Assisting with customer buyoff, backing up robots, documenting of robot status and communication of issues that may hold up work completion or buy off, cycle time optimization.
- Provide installation and commissioning support in customer facilities for start-up, debug, training, and final machine acceptance.
- Provide thorough testing of machine functionality to verify robot program completeness and robustness.
- Represent Acme at customer locations domestically and internationally, utilizing critical thinking and problem-solving skills and techniques to support customers facing machine and/or application complications.
- Provide after sales support with customers to understand their needs and aid in solving customer issues. This support is done both remotely and onsite.
Technical & Robotic Experience
- Ability to properly master all robots, teach correct TCP, user frames and set-up load values, and ensure all this information is properly recorded and documented.
- Ability to add proper signals between robot and all peripheral equipment.
- Experience with adjusting robot dress packages.
- Competent in point teaching, troubleshooting, debugging, program path and cycle time optimization of robotic work cells.
- Familiarity with metal finishing applications, such as deburring, belt grinding/sanding and buffing/polishing.
- Ability to set-up, modify and validate Fanuc DCS and/or ABB SaveMove.
- Ability to integrate, setup, and configure vision systems to perform part recognition, part position, robot guidance. Vision systems utilized are Fanuc 2D/3D iRVision, Keyence, and Cognex.
Qualifications and Skills
- A minimum of four (4) years practical experience setting-up, programming, commissioning, servicing, and troubleshooting pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic automated equipment in an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- A proven ability to prioritize plans of action to accomplish objectives.
- Must be a critical thinker, have initiative, be able to work with minimal supervision and begin projects independently.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook).