Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Acme Manufacturing, the global leading machine tool builder for the Medical, Aerospace, Firearms industries and many others, seeks a motivated Shipping and Receiving Coordinator who enjoys learning and working in a fast paced and challenging environment. If you are customer-focused, driven and seeking the opportunity to experience exciting challenges and growth, look no further. The successful candidate will join our talented team of 80+ in our beautiful Auburn Hills, Michigan office and get the opportunity to work globally.
Our candidate will be self-motivated, have good organizational skills and attention to detail, strong communication skills, ability to follow work instructions, cooperative with co-workers; demonstrate an attitude of helpfulness, and a teamwork mentality to drive continuous improvement.
- Verify that incoming part quantities and numbers match receiving document part quantities and numbers and enter receiving data into computer.
- Tag incoming goods with destination routing tags and work order (when appropriate).
- Advise interested parties of arrival of critical components.
- Assign sample numbers to customer sample parts and tag with routing instruction.
- Route incoming paperwork to proper locations.
- Make sure that all incoming components, made to Acme Manufacturing Co. print, are accompanied by an inspection document.
- Make sure that MSDS sheets accompany all incoming chemicals.
- Notify Buyer, Purchasing Agent, and/or Purchasing Manager of all damages that are a result of transport.
- Process and make arrangements for the shipment of service, warranty, sample or misc. components.
- Process international shipments.
- Perform clerical and physical tasks in connection with shipping goods and receiving of incoming shipments.
- Utilize department filing system to record and maintain all shipped freight logs and signed bill of ladings.
- Process and take special care to ensure that all expedited shipments leave on time.
- Track critical shipments for departmental and inter-departmental personnel.
- Process expedited packages for inter-departmental personnel.
- Perform inventory cycle counts as required.
- Back-up crib attendant when needed.
- Back-up wrapping table when needed.
- Scheduling transportation for pickup & deliveries as needed.
- High school diploma. Some college is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years full spectrum shipping/receiving experience, preferably in a high volume, internal and external customer focused environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Computer savvy, with experience in the Microsoft suite of products. Exposure to applicable software.
The physical demands listed below are indicative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job:
- Regularly required to communicate with others by talking and hearing.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and tools, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally lift or move up to 35 pounds
- Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described below are indicative of what the employee will encounter while performing required duties.
- We occasionally work near moving mechanical parts. Work may be required in hot conditions during spells of seasonal heat. Noise level in the work environment is usually somewhat loud.
Acme Manufacturing is an equal opportunity employer.
At this time, we require completed vaccination records or masking.