Software & Systems Engineers at Acme are expected to utilize a work order provided by the sales department as well as the customers specifications and the mechanical design team to create an electrical system capable of supporting our robotic finishing systems. Additionally, they are expected to setup and debug cell functionality by utilizing robot or PLC logic to control the cell through an HMI. Implementing new technology and working with venders to support this technology is required. Once a system is installed in the field, a controls engineer is expected to support the system while interfacing with the customer.
- Design, specify and release electric cabinets and components
- Ensure Acme control system meets all applicable codes and regulations
- Setup and program PLC’s and robots
- Setup and program safety PLC’s to adhere to safety regulations
- Program robotic cell logic to handle part flow and process
- Setup and debug cell HMI
- Work with current customers to troubleshoot systems in the field
- Assist Acme employees with installation and testing of electrical components
- Research and implement new products and technology
- Assist with project timeline creation and delivering results based on project schedule
Experience / Qualifications
- 4-year B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for customer support up to 25%
- Hands on experience with electrical panel layout and assembly
- Proficient in 2D computer aided drafting (AutoCAD electrical or equivalent)
- Knowledge and experience with creating and interpreting electrical drawings
- Experience with PLC and safety PLC programing
- Robot programing experience, path programing and logical functions
- Ability to interface with customers and vendors while representing the best interests of Acme
- Self-motivation and ability to work remotely with limited supervision
- Capable of working on multiple jobs at once and utilizing time accordingly
- Strong problem-solving skills
Acme Manufacturing is one the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production, provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.
Acme is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
At this time, we require completed vaccination records or masking.