Software & Controls Engineers at Acme are expected to utilize a work order provided by the sales department as well as the customers specifications and the mechanical design team to create an electrical system capable of supporting our robotic finishing systems. Additionally, they are expected to setup and debug cell functionality by utilizing robot or PLC logic to control the cell through an HMI. Implementing new technology and working with venders to support his technology is required. Once a system is installed in the field, a controls engineer is expected to support the system while interfacing with the customer.
- Design, specify and release electric cabinets and components.
- Ensure Acme control system meets all applicable codes and regulations.
- Setup and program PLC’s and robots.
- Setup and program safety PLC’s to adhere to safety regulations.
- Program Robotic Cell logic to handle part flow and process.
- Setup and Debug Cell HMI.
- Work with current customers to troubleshoot systems in the field.
- Assist Acme employees with installation and testing of electrical components.
- Research and implement new products and technology.
- Assisting with project timeline creation and delivering results based on project schedule.
- 4-year B.S. Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally for customer support.
- Hands on experience with electrical panel layout, assembly and or debug.
- Proficient in 2D computer aided drafting (AutoCAD electrical or equivalent).
- Knowledge and experience with creating and interpreting electrical drawings.
- Experience with PLC and safety PLC programing.
- Robot Programing experience, path programing and logical functions.
- Ability to interface with customers and vendors while representing he best interests of Acme.
- Self-motivation and ability to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Capable of working on multiple jobs at once and utilizing time accordingly.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High attention to detail.