The Technical Writer will collaborate with subject matter experts to develop and enhance documentation related to processes and procedures. The role will both compose new documentation and edit the work of others, ensuring high standards for readability, grammar, and content. The key to success in this rule is the ability to synthesize complex instructions into easy-to-follow guidebooks, instructions, and general communications. The person in this position should be an expert in communications.
Your Roles and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers and project managers, to gather technical information and insights for documentation creation.
- Develop and maintain user manuals, technical guides, and system documentation for various robotic and automation projects.
- Create content that caters to different user levels, ensuring that documentation is user-friendly and aligns with industry best practices.
- Conduct thorough reviews and edits of technical documentation to ensure accuracy, clarity, and adherence to Acme’s style and branding guidelines.
- Work closely with subject matter experts to understand and communicate complex technical concepts effectively.
- Collaborate with simulation team to incorporate visuals, diagrams, and multimedia elements to enhance document clarity.
- Stay updated on industry trends, robotic technologies, and advancements to produce documentation that reflects the latest standards and practices.
- Participate in documentation planning, including project timelines, milestones, and version control.
- Assist in the creation of training materials for internal teams and end-users.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives by gathering user feedback and updating documentation accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S/B.A) from four-college or university and 2 to 5 years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience writing, proofreading and editing
- Ability to produce and organize content succinctly, with a logical flow
- Familiarity with content authoring tools
- Understanding of editing and formatting technical documents
- Knowledge of using a content management system or document management system
- Passionate attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed, as well as the ability to willingly follow guidance from others.
- Familiarity using Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with robotics or electro/mechanical systems
- Adobe® FrameMaker preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with Adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Experience with photography
- Experience working with multidisciplinary teams
Acme Manufacturing is one of the earliest pioneers in surface finishing automation. Since 1910, the company has remained family owned and operated by four generations of the Carlson family. The family has brought a steady sequence of innovations to over 20 industries on a global scale. As the premiere robotic integrator in the surface finishing space, Acme has built a family culture with values that continue to drive our technology focused mindset.
We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why Acme Manufacturing has limitless opportunities in the automation industry.
We are committed to being a world class organization providing innovative and cost-effective automation solutions for everyday material removal and surface finishing challenges. Our culture drives unparalleled focus on relationships, safety, quality, technology, and profitability. We believe partnering with our customers from project concept to factory floor production provides the ultimate advantage for Acme employees and our valued customers.