Foundry Robotic Metal Removal
Acme’s automated finishing systems serve the foundry industry by reducing the need for manual labor, lowering overall unit cost, enhancing production quality, and addressing employee safety.
From cut-off to gate grinding of single crystal castings, sand castings, aqueous castings, lost foam castings as well as forgings, Acme has an immense amount of experience with providing innovative and cost-effective robotic finishing processes. These solutions help to reduce or eliminate the need for manual labor and at the same time, drive down overall unit cost with improved part quality, repeatability, media cost savings and addressing health and safety.
- Core prep – Chaplet placement via collaborative robots
- Wax & core inspection – Via non-contact scanning
- P-Pin assembly – Robots to place platinum & quartz pins into wax parts
- Wax mold seal dipping – Seal molds at top and bottom prior to shelling
- Tree Cutting – Robotics to remove parts from casting trees, including delicate single crystal parts
- Part trimming & snagging (gate removal) – Remove gates and runners, includes seed runners, and grind final gate witness to .030”
- Part prep – Remove T/E, root and other features to allow leaching of the ceramic core
- Robotic FPI – Inspect blades prior to final inspection for defects
- Adaptive blade grind – Inspect part dimensions and grind to a tolerance Polishing – Achieve a surface finish on airfoils
- Large part grinding for forgings – Large rings, bars and shaped forgings, that are difficult to manipulate can be ground and handled via large robots
- Many more
Foundry Finishing Solutions
- Abrasive wheels
- Super abrasive wheels
- Coated abrasive belts
- Abrasive stone wheels
- Saw blades
- Carbide tools
- 2D & 3D vision
- Blue light scanning
A Selection of Our Robotic Foundry Metal Removal Customers
Have a Part You’d Like to Finish?
Do you have a difficult or challenging buffing, deburring, grinding or polishing problem? We’ve solved some of the most difficult.
Click the button below to share a few details and we’ll put our experience to work for you too.